I will always be grateful to the Central community because of their inclusiveness and friendliness. During my time at Central I have gained many leadership experiences like becoming class president my junior year, class secretary my senior year, and president of Central’s compassion club. I never expected these opportunities before arriving here. Coming to Central is the best choice I’ve made in my life.
- Catherine Huang (‘14)
- Consistently above national average on SAT scores
- Average SAT Score: 1595.8
- Average ACT Score: 22.6
- Offer Advanced Placement (AP), for college credit and Honor courses
Personal College Preparation
- A dedicated faculty and staff focused on helping and preparing students to enter the American college of their choice
- Unique opportunities for character develop and leadership through activities, clubs and service volunteering. (Well rounded international students have increased chances of getting into a good college.)
Dedicated Faculty and Staff
- Innovative, highly trained faculty licensed by the State of Ohio, challenge students to integrate “book learning” with faith in preparation for life. Lessons are often hands on as teachers encourage students of all ability levels to explore and discover.
- 35% hold master’s degrees
- 30% are alumni
- 25% have taught for more than 20 years
- Located in the small and safe community of Kidron, Ohio one hour south of Cleveland, and one hour and 45 minutes northeast of Columbus.
- Convenient flight connections can be made through Akron/Canton (CAK) or Cleveland (CLE).
- Central Christian School is located on a beautiful 60 acre campus, with a Performing Arts Center, two gymnasiums, tennis courts, two soccer fields, a baseball and softball field.
We find value in international students being a part of our local families. International students attending Central Christian are hosted by staff, parents or local families who receive a stipend from the school for reimbursing housing, food, and transportation expenses. To view a brochure of one of our International Student housing options for females, please click here.
Students have access to personal tutoring, as needed to ensure a successful academic experience at Central. ESL is also available.
Testing and form requirements
International students desiring to attend Central Christian School must submit a TOEFL test score, or an iTEP qualifying result.
Central Christian School is registered with SEVIS (Student and Exchange Visitor Information System) and is authorized to issue I 20 forms so International Students may acquire an F1 visa.
First year attendance
Our International guests are expected to attend a minimum of one school year (August-May), and should not have graduated from high school in their home country.
Interested in applying?
Interested students from China and Korea should contact the Cambridge Institute of International Education directly to apply for admission at Central Christian School. Please contact them by clicking on this link.
All other interested individuals should contact our International Enrollment Office for more details and to arrange a Skype interview, at 330.857.7311 or email@example.com.