1. Community Service Day (CSD)
- Community Service Day is just that -- a day we set aside each year to give back to the community and further instill our values of service, community and teamwork.
- For 44 years and counting, grades 7-12 along with faculty and staff have served at more than 25 nonprofit organizations in surrounding counties.
- CSD benefits not only the community, but CCS as well. Students and staff raise pledges for their service totaling over $150,000 each year. This fundraiser helps to cover the gap between the cost of tuition and the total cost of education.
2. SCHOOL DAY OUT
- On School Day Out, the entire school travels to a park setting for organized games and intentional fellowship and worship. The day is planned near the beginning of the school year to provide a relaxed setting in which to renew old friendships and create new ones.
- A strong sense of community is present throughout the day’s events.
- STUCO plans School Day Out activities for the high school.
3. SENIOR SERVICE TRIP
- Seniors celebrate two special class trips during their final high school year, both to The Pittsburgh Project in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The first trip takes place early on during the senior year, in September and is service oriented. Students work in small groups to serve homeowners in the inner city.
- The second trip is in May, and is a traditional senior trip with fun and unique experiences for a final class bonding. The combination of both trips allows for deeper class relationships to be built, and strengthens our emphasis on our call to service.
4. SCHOOL SOCIALS
5. FIELD TRIPS