Skip Navigation

SCRIP is a great way to earn a little extra money to put towards your child’s/children’s tuition expenses.  And the best part is that you can do it by shopping for all those things you were planning to purchase anyway, including gas, groceries, household items, and eating out!

SCRIP means “substitute money”.  In this program, you can earn credits to help offset school tuition fees.  Here is how it works:  Sonnenberg Mennonite Church is able to purchase gift cards at a discount from over 200 local and national merchants.  These gift cards can be purchased from the school at 100% face value.  Each vendor has a percentage discount that they give us as an organization.  70% of the discount is applied as credit in your account.  The remaining 30% of the discount is used to maintain the SCRIP program.  Vendor discount percentages range from 2% - 25% depending on the business.  The credit earned is dispersed once a year in May to be applied to your final June tuition payment, or if your tuition has been covered for the year, it will be applied to the following year’s payments.  Basically, you can “prepay” for many of the weekly purchases you were planning to make and earn “cash” back while doing it.  Visit for the national vendor list and see below for a listing that includes local businesses as well.

Here’s how to get started….

·        Complete an Enrollment Form and sign a waiver of release and turn in these forms to the school or mail to Ellen Nussbaum:  12407 Emerson Rd * Apple Creek, OH 44606

·        You will receive an envelope and order form where you can submit your order and check with the church by the order deadline.

·        With the opening of the new Main Office at Central Christian School, orders can now be dropped off at the school by you or your designated student on Monday or Tuesday mornings.  Orders will be picked up around 9:00 a.m. on Tuesdays.  

·        Your gift cards will be ready for pick-up at the school or can be sent home with your student at the end of the week (Thursday or Friday).  You will receive a text or email to let you know when your order will be ready.

·        Ask friends and family to do their shopping through SCRIP and link them to your account!

·        Purchase weekly and watch your savings add up.

If you would like more information or have questions, please contact:
Ellen Nussbaum, SCRIP Coordinator

Review our SCRIP Documents for further details:
We Are Hiring!